- On-demand eLearning - That 'Awkward' conversation. The seven steps to success!
18-05-2020 - 30-09-2022
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
It’s never easy or pleasant to initiate a difficult or awkward conversation. You have something to say that is unpleasant or uncomfortable, and you most likely sense that the receiver of your message will not take it well.
Although these conversations are certainly challenging (and we may feel like avoiding them) unless we have them, the problem may escalate or become more entrenched. ‘Problems’ rarely disappear or resolve themselves.
This eLearning course will provide you with a seven-stage framework that will enable you to initiate and have these awkward conversations confidently and productively!
Time: 63 minutes
- Understand the nature of awkward conversations
- Reasons why the conversation may be necessary
- Identifying and practising the seven-stage framework
- Using empathy to minimise negative responses
- Post-discussion monitoring and review
Who’s it for?
- Leaders and managers
- HR professionals
- Board and committee members
- Anyone who needs to have an ‘awkward’ conversation with someone
- Get the confidence to have awkward or ‘difficult’ conversations
- Learn about a structured approach to dealing with these discussions
- Learn how the use of empathy will lead to positive responses and outcomes
- How to make sure that change of behaviour occurs and is sustained