- eLearning - NFP Board governance and effectiveness ... How does yours rate?
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The fact is that unless your organisation is well-governed, it will struggle to survive, let alone thrive!
Good governance is a fundamental responsibility of the board, and it’s not something that can be delegated. The fact is that without it, your NFP will struggle to fulfill its mission or have much of a positive impact.
This eLearning course will provide you with a clear understanding of what ‘Good -governance’ looks like, the five ‘Must-Dos’ that will produce high standards of board effectiveness and how to make an objective assessment of your board’s current standards.
Time: 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm AEDT
- The true meaning of ‘Governance’
- Why it’s so important
- The five fundamental characteristics of an effective and well-governed board
- How to assess the governance standards and effectiveness of your board
- What to do if your board is falling short
Who’s it for?
- Board/Committee chairs
- Board/Committee members
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Those considering joining an NFP board or committee
- A clear understanding of the meaning of ‘Good-Governance’
- Insights into the 5 core characteristics exhibited by effective boards and committees
- The ability to assess your own organisation’s current standards
- Knowledge of how to make improvements and where to get help