- Dealing with Difficult Behaviours Course
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time: 9.30am – 3.30pm
One of the major causes of workplace stress is working and dealing with people who display difficult behaviours. These people can be your customers, peers and even your immediate boss. The typical natural reaction is to either avoid or to match the behaviour, neither solve the behavioural issues, and both have the potential to make the situation worse.
This one-day course examines your natural responses to difficult behaviour and teaches the necessary skills that will give you the confidence to manage these problematic behaviours professionally and reduce your stress levels.
- How to understand yourself and others
First understand yourself by recognising our own challenges, it leads us to being more empathetic towards others.
- Communicate more effectively to maintain normality
Effective communication our Body Language, Tone, Words and more, builds relationships and saves us valuable time. Maintaining normality goes towards a healthy workplace.
- Recognise when you are climbing your ladder of inference
We discuss what makes us jump to conclusions and how to examine our thought patterns.
- Understand why people display difficult behaviours
We discuss the many reasons why people act out and what is going on in their minds.
- Use Emotional intelligence skills to remain calm in stressful situations
We discuss the areas of Emotional intelligence and how we can grow and become more Emotional Intelligent.
- To act assertively to gain respect from people displaying difficult behaviours
Understand what is Aggressive, Passive, Passive aggressive and Assertive behaviour so we can be adopt and form habits in Assertiveness.
- Know the steps to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
Step by step approach in what we say and do when dealing with emotional situations.
- Recognise conflict and deal with it appropriately
How we can recognise conflict and play our part in dealing with it so that relationships are not harmed.
Who’s it for
- Anyone who deals with people in their role
- Those who want to increase and enhance their interpersonal skills
- Anyone who finds it challenging to deal with difficult people
- Those who want to learn how to become a more effective leader, manager, or team member
- Recognise how our own attitudes and actions impact on others
- Adopt new and effective techniques for managing negative emotions
- Use coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Identify those times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation.
- Gain greater confidence in dealing with difficult behaviour
COVID-19 Safe Plan:
Pathways Australia puts the safety and well-being of our attendees before anything else. Please be assured that all venues have a specific and strict coronavirus safe plan in place and are adhering to all regulations set out by governing bodies. Social Distancing, hygiene and cleaning practices are being strictly followed and monitored at all locations.
For piece of mind, if you would like a copy of a venue’s Coronavirus Safe Plan please don’t hesitate to ask. Lastly, if you feel unwell at all or have any Coronavirus symptoms, please stay at home and contact us for rescheduling options.