- Dealing with Difficult Behaviours Course
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Time: 9.30am – 3.30pm AEDT
One of the major causes of workplace stress is working and dealing with people who display difficult behaviours. These people can be your customers, peers and even your immediate boss. The typical natural reaction is to either avoid or to match the behaviour, neither solve the behavioural issues, and both have the potential to make the situation worse.
This one-day course examines your natural responses to difficult behaviour and teaches the necessary skills that will give you the confidence to manage these problematic behaviours professionally and reduce your stress levels.
- How to understand yourself and others
- Communicate more effectively to maintain normality
- Recognise when you are climbing your ladder of inference
- Understand why people display difficult behaviours
- Use Emotional intelligence skills to remain calm in stressful situations
- To act assertively to gain respect from people displaying difficult behaviours
- Know the steps to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
- Recognise conflict and deal with it appropriately
Who’s it for
- Anyone who deals with people in their role
- Those who want to increase and enhance their interpersonal skills
- Anyone who finds it challenging to deal with difficult people
- Those who want to learn how to become a more effective leader, manager, or team member
- Recognise how our own attitudes and actions impact on others
- Adopt new and effective techniques for managing negative emotions
- Use coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Identify those times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation.
- Gain greater confidence in dealing with difficult behaviour